This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggieNewYear #CollectiveBias
Every year when January rolls around, I set these lofty goals for myself. Goals that I have every intention on committing to. Goals that I have every intention of working towards daily. And every year, I’m good for a few days or even a few weeks before I throw in the towel. As I sat down this year to give it another go, I didn’t just write down goals I wanted to achieve, I took a good hard look at why my previous attempts have failed. The one common theme they all had in common was they were pretty lofty. In fact, they were downright unreasonable. At least at this point in my life. So instead of setting goals I know I cannot reach right now. I decided to set smaller goals. Goals I can stick to that I’m less likely to give up in a week. Goals that will set me on a path to a healthier me. I’m reaching these goals by swapping out some of the things I currently eat with healthier options. Just like I did in this Avocado Egg & Sausage Flatbread.
If I want these changes to stick, I need to start small. Jumping in with cutting out things all together just doesn’t work for me. I get a craving, give in and then just give up all together.
SIMPLE CHANGES IN MY DIET
SET ASIDE SOME ME TIME
DRINK MORE WATER
TRACK WHAT I EAT
- 1 pieces of flatbread (regular bread or tortillas can be used)
- 2 eggs
- ½ of an avocado diced
- 2 pieces MorningStar Farms® veggie sausage
- 1 large sweet potato (shredded)
- Cilantro for serving.
- Spray the bottom of a large cast-iron skillet with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shred 1 large sweet potato and add to one corner of the pan
- Crack 2 eggs in pan
- Place 2 pieces of MorningStar Farms® veggie sausage in pan
- Cook all until done 10-15 minutes
- Once cooked, spread shredded sweet potato on top of flatbread
- Cut sausage into pieces and sprinkle on top of flatbread
- Add eggs and sliced avocado
What are some of your favorite tips for leading a healthier lifestyle?
Like this recipe? PIN IT for later: