There’s this little pizza shop near me that makes the most amazing garlic knots. Seriously the. best. ever. They’re loaded with garlic and parmesan cheese and I eat way to many of them. I may or may not go on a weekly basis and not for pizza anymore. Just garlic knots. I can’t get enough. It started when I was pregnant with my youngest. It was one of the only things I craved (and could eat without getting sick) and ever since I was just hooked. These Cheeseburger Stuffed Garlic Knots are my delicious homemade version.
Since I’ve become quite the garlic knot taste tester, I’ve been secretly dreaming up different varieties. I’d make ones stuffed with chicken, cheesesteak or even cheeseburger filling. Since I had some leftover ground beef from our picnics this past weekend, I figured now was the perfect time to try and make these myself. Just like that, these cheeseburger garlic knots were made. I wish I made these sooner. In fact they would have been great for our picnic for a fun twist on a tradition cheeseburger.
The great thing about these is you can really customize them to your liking. Like tomatoes, lettuce and onions on your burgers? Dice them up and add them in. Bacon cheeseburgers your thing? Add in some cooked and chopped bacon for a fun twist. The topping combinations are endless with these.
I seasoned the meat with some fresh garlic, ketchup and mustard and stuffed it inside some crescent roll dough.
Once I added the meat, I topped it off with a nice chunk of fresh mozzarella cheese.
I rolled them up in a nice little ball and made sure all the edges were sealed.
Once they were all rolled up, I brushed the tops with plenty of my garlic parmesan olive oil sauce and baked them in the oven.
I brushed them again with a little bit more of the olive oil mix when they came out of the oven and served them with a side of ketchup.
These were amazing. They’re fancy enough for a party appetizer or just a fun twist on a weeknight dinner. Prepare to watch the whole family gobble them up!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- TO MAKE GARLIC PARMESAN OIL FOR TOPPING - Combine all these ingredients together and set aside.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese (grated)
- Brown ground beef in frying pan. Once cooked drain and add in ketchup, mustard, garlic and seasoning. Mix until combined and cooked for another 2-3 minutes on low.
- Roll out crescent roll dough.
- Spoon 1 - 2 tbsp. of the meat onto the center of dough
- Top with fresh mozzarella ball
- Wrap dough around meat and seal edges
- Brush with plenty of the garlic parmesan oil
- Bake at 350º for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and brush lightly with more garlic parmesan oil and serve immediately.