This shopper has been compensated by SheSpeaks, Inc., The Coca-Cola Company and Mondelez International group. All opinions are mine alone.
When game time rolls around, our friends and family know where to go. Our house has become the unofficial game day central. Of course, there’s plenty of football on the television and football talk in the house. But it’s so much than that. It’s time for fun. It’s time to unwind and create memories with those we hold dear. In our house, football is more than just a game. So when it comes time to entertain, snacks are almost as important as the games itself. One appetizer that never disappoints is my Crab Cake Bites served with Ritz Crackers and a nice, cold bottle of Coca-Cola.
I’ve been a little obsessed with crab cakes since discovering that I actually love them earlier this year. I get them whenever we go out and they’re on the menu and a few months ago I started making them at home, much to the delight of my husband.
These are made with my delicious crab cake recipe only smaller. The bite-sized portions are perfect for game day and any type of party.
They’re the perfect game day snack since they’re so easy to make and you’re not stuck in the kitchen for hours cooking. You can make a nice big patch and set them out with some delicious Original Ritz Crackers and some Sriracha Aioli Sauce for the perfect snack. The rich, buttery classic cracker pairs perfectly with the crab cake bites giving them a delicious crunch.
Now let’s talk about how to make these delicious snacks. In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, melted butter, green onions, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice. Gently stir to combine. Don’t overmix it or it will crumble.
I used a mini cupcake pan sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray to make the little bites. Once it’s sprayed, sprinkle a little of the panko breadcrumbs into each cavity and spread them around.
Scoop one spoonful into each section and bake in a 375-degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Once they’re toasted nice and brown, remove from oven and let cool.
Serve them with plenty of Ritz Crackers and this Sriracha Aioli sauce for dipping. To make the sauce combine 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup of mayo and 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce and mix well.
Set these out for your next game day celebration with some ice, cold Coca-Cola and enjoy all the moments with the ones you love.
Before you go, enter the #TogetherForGameTime Recipe Contest. Three winners will win a #TogetherForGameTime Party Pack that includes a $40 Walmart Gift Card, two 6-packs of 500 ml Coca-Cola Classic and two boxes of Original Ritz Crackers. CLICK HERE to enter.
- 1 can of jumbo lump crab meat
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup of Panko Breadcrumbs + more for coating the pan
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 box of Ritz Crackers
- SRIRACHA AIOLI SAUCE
- ¼ of mayo
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, parmesan cheese, ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs, melted butter, green onions, parsley, garlic, zest from 1 lemon, 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice.
- Gently stir to combine but don't over mix or it will crumble.
- Spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray, coat sides with panic breadcrumbs, and set aside. If you don't have a mini cupcake pan, spray a cooking sheet and cook them on there.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a little of the crab mixture into your hand. Shape into a ball.
- If you're not using a cupcake pan lined with panic, gently roll each ball into a bowl of panko to coat on each side.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are toasted and a light brown.
- Remove from over and let cool.
- Serve them with plenty of Ritz Crackers and Sriracha Aioli for dipping.
- TO MAKE THE SRIRACHA AIOLI
- Combine 2 cloves of garlic chopped, ¼ cup of mayo and 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce. Mix well and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? PIN IT for later: