This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
If I had to pick one dessert I love to make it would have to be cupcakes. They’re perfectly portion sized and the flavor combinations are endless. You can make them with so many fun add ins and in any flavor you’re craving. Plus you can get really creative and fun with your recipes. Like these Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Cupcakes. I paired them with my homemade whipped cream icing, cereal mixed in the batter and a surprise when you bite into them. If you love cereal, then you’ll love these fun, colorful cupcakes yum.
Fruity Pebbles was my all time favorite cereal growing up. I remember when my mom would treat us to a box. I snack on them straight out of the box. They’re still one of my favorite cereals and when I’m craving a late night snack, a bowl of Fruity Pebbles usually hits the spot. Fruity Pebbles has been a family favorite since 1970 and now they’ve made it even better with marshmallows! The cereal contains no high fructose corn syrup and is an excellent source of Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12.
One of the great things about cereal is it’s not just for breakfast anymore. You can add it in to recipes for a fun twist like I did or even eat a bowl for lunch or dinner. When I spotted these new Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles, I knew they’d be perfect in my cupcakes but you could get creative and make so many other things like trail mix, snack bars and so much more.
I’ll be honest though. It doesn’t get much better than these Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles cupcakes paired with a sweet homemade whipped cream icing.
I really wanted to make these cupcakes fun and full of the Fruity Pebbles that I love so I made sure to use plenty of cereal throughout the recipe.
First, I added the cereal into the cake batter before baking to give the cupcakes a fun speckled look.
Once they were baked, I hollowed the cupcakes with my cupcake corer. If you don’t have one of those, just use a knife to cut a little circle out of the center.
Then I filled them with more Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles cereal.
Then I topped them off with my delicious homemade whipped cream and even more cereal.
Not only do they look so pretty, they taste amazing!
Seriously they’re so good. The whipped cream reminds me of the milk left behind after you’ve eaten all the cereal in your bowl. So it really compliments the cupcakes perfectly good.
My favorite part might just be the hidden cereal surprise inside.
It’s such a fun twist on breakfast cereal. They’d be great for birthday parties, sleepovers or just a fun dessert to surprise your friends with.
I mean who wouldn’t want to eat one of these gorgeous cupcakes?!
I found the new Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles at my local Walmart on the cereal aisle. So next time your shopping, keep an eye out for them to make your own Marshamallow Fruity Pebbles recipe.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ cup Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles (plus more for decorating)
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM ICING
- 16 oz. container heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Mix cake mix with egg whites, oil and water (or follow your package directions if different)
- Gently fold in ½ cup of Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ of the way full
- Bake according to directions
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cupcakes are cool, scoop out center of cupcake and fill with more Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles. Cover with part of cupcake you removed.
- Place icing in a piping bag or plastic bag fitted with decorators tip and pipe onto cupcakes
- Top with more Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles cereal
- TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM ICING
- Beat heavy whipping cream and vanilla on medium with mixer
- Once it starts to thicken, turn speed to low and add in sugar a little at a time until it's combined
- Beat on high 3-5 minutes or icing thickens.
- Place in a piping cake or plastic bag fitted with decorators tip and pipe onto cupcakes