This is a sponsored post in partnership with Movies Anywhere.
It’s no secret that I love Halloween and I look for any reason to celebrate any way I can. One of my favorite ways to party with family and friends are movie nights. There’s nothing better than gathering your closest friends, making some delicious food and watching a good movie. In fact, it’s one of our favorite things to do as a family and the kids look forward to our monthly movie nights. We take turns picking out our favorite movies, whip up some yummy snacks and enjoy the latest movies and some of our classic favorites. With technology changing and making our lives easier, there’s a new way to watch and store all your movies so they’re ready for your movie nights – Movies Anywhere.
To celebrate Movies Anywhere we had our own Halloween edition movie night and watched some of our family-favorite movies like Minions and I even introduced Evie to my all time favorite, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Since yesterday was a rainy day here in New Jersey, it made for the perfect movie afternoon.
We even made Minion pizzas for dinner using individual pizza shells and I prepped everything for the kids and let them go to town decorating their pizzas. I shredded the cheese, sliced a ball of fresh mozzarella for the Minion eye and used basil for the face and a cherry tomato for the eye. My kids hate olives but you could totally use them if you wanted to.
You can see Evie had way to much fun with the sauce and cheese.
Their pizzas were adorable and delicious too.
We even made a super easy DIY Minion pumpkin craft. I picked up two cream-colored pumpkins, a bag of giant eyes and black ribbon for the strap.
We hot glued the black ribbon around the center of the pumpkin and then glued the eye right in the middle. Super easy and cute for our Minion party.
Since no party is complete without dessert and popcorn, we made Minion cookies using Golden Oreo Thins, candy eyes and black cookie icing.
For the popcorn, we used blue and yellow mini M&M’s, more candy eyes and a drizzle of white chocolate on top of popcorn. Once the candy hardened, we broke it up and put it into our candy cauldron that doubled as a popcorn bucket for the night’s festivities.
I loved having access to my entire library of digital movies. Once Minions was over, we just clicked through as we decided what to watch next. It was so nice not to have to send my son to find a DVD that I know was never put back in it’s case and now is nowhere to be found.
SO WHAT EXACTLY IS MOVIES ANYWHERE?
Movies Anywhere is a free app and website that simplifies and streamlines the digital movie-watching experience by allowing consumers to discover, access and watch their eligible movies in one place. Movies Anywhere offers next-level compatibility to the digital movie experience, syncing your movie libraries across your connected accounts, so you can watch purchased and redeemed digital movies through Movies Anywhere and across connected digital retail accounts.
Movies Anywhere brings together movies from Sony Pictures Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios (encompassing Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm), Twentieth Century Fox, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment, offering a library of over 7,300 movies at launch.
Participating digital retailers at launch are Amazon Video, Google Play, iTunes and Vudu. All Movies Anywhere eligible movies will also be available across connected digital retail accounts and can be played directly on any platforms that support video playback for these digital retailers.
Viewers can enjoy their movies across multiple devices and platforms at home or on the go – Amazon Fire devices, Android mobile and tablet devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, the Roku® platform and popular web browsers.
WHY MOVIES ANYWHERE
Quite simply, it’s a simple way for you to bring your favorite digital movie collections together all in one place
- Seamless access at home and on the go
- Stream or download and save for later across multiple devices
- Redeem digital copy codes from eligible DVDs and Blu-rays
- Connect digital retailer accounts in seconds and access their movie library with one click
- Movies Anywhere provides consumers more freedom, flexibility, and utility as their movie library can now be viewed through a multitude of apps, devices and digital retailers, anytime, anywhere
Right now, users can get up to 5 Free Movies* to build their movie library when they connect participating digital retailer accounts —iTunes, Amazon Video, Vudu or Google Play. Registration with Movies Anywhere and connection for the first time with one participating Digital Retailer required to receive Sony Pictures “Ghostbusters” (2016) and Twentieth Century Fox’s “Ice Age” Connection for the first time with a second participating Digital Retailer required to receive Disney’s “Big Hero 6,” Universal’s “Jason Bourne” and Warner Bros. “The LEGO Movie”. (Offers available for a limited time only. Movies subject to change. Void where prohibited. Movies Anywhere is open to U.S. residents age 13+. Visit MoviesAnywhere.com for complete details & terms and conditions.)
It was super easy to sign up and connect my accounts and I instantly had 5 new movies to add to my library. Just by connecting my accounts, my other libraries were seamlessly connected to keep all my movies in one place. No more searching for missing DVDs, no more reminding my kids to put the DVDs back in their cases.
Browse movies, trailers, curated movie collections, bonus features and get personalized recommendations
- All participating Studios movie titles distributed digitally come together in MA – over 7,300 films
- Exclusive content and bonus materials attached to digital titles are accessible in Movies Anywhere via streaming
- Movies Anywhere allows parents to set up profiles for their kids, with optional filters that restrict exposure to and viewing of content by MPAA rating. Additionally, profiles allow for personalization for adults too (e.g. spouses who share the same Movies Anywhere account can have personalized recommendations, bookmarks, wish lists, etc. by using profiles).
HOW TO SIGN UP
Sign up or sign in by downloading the Movies Anywhere app from Amazon, Google Play, iTunes and Roku® or by going online to MoviesAnywhere.com. One Movies Anywhere account is allowed per email address. At registration, account holders through email-based sign-up will be asked to provide their first name, email address and password. Alternately Movies Anywhere allows sign-in through Google and Facebook to make it easier for users to register and use the app. Account holders must be at least 13 years of age and be in the U.S.
Each Movies Anywhere account can have:
- A maximum of 4 concurrent streams (title independent) across a single account
- A maximum of 2 simultaneous streams of the same title per account
- A maximum of 8 registered end-user devices for download per account
- A maximum 16 end-user device registrations during a rolling 12-month period
- End-user devices are registered automatically when a first download is requested
- Downloads expire on offline or deregistered devices after 90 days.
- Any single title can be downloaded to all end-user devices in a single Movies Anywhere account at the same time; provided that viewing across the service for a single title is maximum 2 stream, 8 downloads
WATCH YOUR MOVIES ANYWHERE
Once you have your Movies Anywhere account connected you can watch all your movies on any Amazon Fire device, Android, Apple TV, Chromcast, iPhone/iPad and Roku. Letting you enjoy your playlist anywhere you want.
This will be such a game changer for our road trips and I cannot wait to try it out on our next trip.
Have you signed up for Movies Anywhere yet?
Want to plan your own Minion Movie night? PIN IT for later: