When you’re huge Star Wars fans like we are and a package arrives with Lucasfilm’s “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”, you weekend plans quickly change so you can stay home and host a movie night with friends to enjoy the first standalone Star Wars film. Available on Blu-ray this Tuesday, April 4th, we have been counting down until the release of this film for what seems like forever.
We wanted an easy treat to enjoy with the movie so we whipped up this Rogue One inspired popcorn to enjoy while watching the movie. We grabbed our Death Star Popcorn Machine (perfect for this movie night I must say), some candy pieces, chocolate and before long were enjoying the perfect movie night treat.
What you’ll need to make this Rogue One inspired popcorn:
- Red candy melts
- Black, gray and white candy pieces
- Silver or gold sugar crystals
Lay your popcorn out on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Drizzle the melted candy wafers over the top of the popcorn.
Immediately sprinkle the sugar crystals and candy pieces on top of the popcorn before the candy begins to harden.
Once the candy has had a chance to set, gently break into pieces and put into serving bowl and enjoy.
It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet and only takes a few minutes to whip up in the kitchen.
“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is definitely a must have for any Star Wars fan. We LOVED the movie. If you haven’t had a chance to see the movie yet, be sure to pick up your copy when it releases next week. Rogue One is the prequel Star Wars fans have been waiting for. We’ve already watched it several times this weekend and my son has proclaimed it as one of his favorite Star Wars films. It’s that good.
BRING HOME THE MOVIE
“Lucasfilm’s “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first of the Star Wars standalone films, has established its place within the Star Wars universe and the hearts of moviegoers, becoming the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S. Fans can own the epic action-adventure thriller — nominated for two Academy Awards® — early on Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere and on Blu-ray this Tuesday, April 4th. The release includes never-before-seen “Rogue One” bonus material that will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
The clips below is from the “K2SO: The Droid” bonus feature available on the Blu-ray:
Have you seen “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” yet? What did you think?