This is a sponsored post in partnership with Comcast Xfinity. All opinions are my own. #XfinityMoms
It’s been a little over a year since I made the switch from our old TV/Internet service provider to Comcast Xfinity. Looking back over our service for the past year I can truly say, I’ve never been so happy with a provider. Gone are my days of slow internet speeds and a TV reception that goes out in a storm. Instead, all I’m left with super fast internet speeds and endless TV options that make me cuddle up on the couch and binge watch my favorite shows. But they’re not stopping there. Xfinity wants to make your life even easier with more features and services to truly offer you everything you need in one place.
I had a chance to spend the day at my local Xfinity store to get an up close and first-hand look at some of their latest features and I can’t wait to share them with you!
WHAT’S NEW WITH X1
If you’re an Xfinity customer, you already know how great X1 is. If you’re not, what are you waiting for? The X1 platform will seriously change the way you experience TV. New Features like integrated Xfinity apps (like Netflix) now include YouTube, which means customers can easily access YouTube’s vast online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscriptions.
- Simply say “YouTube” with the X1 voice remote to launch the app
- Search for topical videos by saying, “YouTube, show me makeup tutorials,” or “Find party dip recipes on YouTube”
- Call up trailers, clips and more related to movies, TV shows or celebrities by saying, “Watch ‘Carpool Karaoke’ on YouTube,” or “Show me clips from ‘Empire’ on YouTube.”
- Say, “Find live streams from Coachella on YouTube,” or “YouTube, show me performances from the 2017 Grammy’s” to watch clips of live event feeds.
My teen son has a bunch channels he likes to watch on YouTube and now he can watch his favorite YouTubers right from the TV! He’s already using this on a pretty much daily basis and he’s loving it.
Common Sense Media and X1 are helping families go back-to-school with a dedicated destination on X1 featuring a variety of programming including guidance on cyberbullying, trending social media apps, screen time management and finding great media the whole family can enjoy. Parents can go to the kids section of X1 to access:
- A curated selection of Common Sense Media videos, reviews and programming suggestions on a variety of topics such as online safety and cyberbullying
- Videos that offer basic overviews and safety tips for popular social media platforms including Snapchat, Instagram, Musical.ly and Kik
- Educational videos and content applicable to children of all ages, such as “8 Rules for Safe Smartphone Use,” “6 Ways to Help Your Kids Stop Multitasking During Homework,” and more, with several titles available in Spanish (I love the option of having titles in Spanish for us to watch as a family. Since we’re raising our kids bilingual and they both speak Spanish at home regularly, having the option for TV only reinforces their language skills)
Reviews of new and returning TV shows such as Stranger Things just in time for the start of Fall TV.
For the sports fans, CBS Sports Digital launched a new fantasy football experience on X1 where viewers can access their CBS Sports Fantasy League standings, weekly matchups and team performance on the same screen as live games.
You can easily navigate between live games and highlights while keeping an eye on your fantasy team’s performance, all on one screen.
Easily Launch the new experience directly within the X1 sports app or by simply saying “show me my fantasy football team” or “my fantasy football team” – as well as a variety of other voice commands – into their X1 voice remote.
One of the new services I learned about was xFi, a personalized WiFi experience that provides a simple digital dashboard for customers to set up their home WiFi network, find their passwords, see what devices are connected, set parental controls and much more.
xFi gives customers unprecedented visibility and control over one of the most important technologies in their home. With features like:
- Simple, easy setup of Xfinity Internet service and home WiFi
- Take control with easy-to-use apps, the web and X1 voice remote
- Find your password or modify WiFi names and passwords at anytime
- Name & organize all connected devices and give them nicknames for easy reference
- Easy-to-use tools including parental controls that allow you to set bedtime schedule for any family member on the home WiFi network, and even pause WiFi usage for a certain period of time
You can easily create personal profiles and assign devices to individual family members and receive alerts when new devices join your home network.
My favorite feature is being able to instantly pause WiFi access on your home network, by device or user – you can even pause for a certain amount of time (30 minutes, one hour or two hours), which is great for parents who want their kids to do their homework, clean their rooms or play outside. I’ve already done this several times with my tween son. When it’s time for dinner and he’s engrossed on his tablet, I don’t have to hear “I’m coming” ten times before he actually does. Now I can easily pause the WiFi to his device and just like that, he’s joining the family for dinner.
With voice control you can say “show me devices” into the X1 voice remote and see results on the biggest screen in the home and monitor activity to see who’s most active on your home network and when.
You can even troubleshoot WiFi by identifying devices that are not working properly and receive tips to fix them.
The Cloud management capabilities allow you to see and control your home WiFi network from anywhere which is great for me when I’m traveling.
Of course I’ve saved the best for last but one feature I’ve literally been bursting at the seams about is Xfinity Mobile – new wireless service, with Internet and data at the center of the experience. Xfinity Mobile is the nation’s first wireless service combining America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network with Comcast’s 18 million WiFi hotspots to provide customers with a better wireless experience, for less money, on today’s most popular devices.
Xfinity Mobile offers simple, straightforward data options that includes up to five lines with unlimited nationwide talk and text, no line access fees and 100MB of shared data.
Save money by paying only for the gigabytes of data that you use, or consume all the cellular data you want for one set price. Other benefits include:
- Auto-connect to millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots
- Personalized customer support including 24/7 customer support via text message, hundreds of retail store locations for in-person demo and care, and 24/7 support available from dedicated Xfinity Mobile call center support
- Flexibility for families to mix-and-match on an account so each person can choose the way to pay for data that makes sense for them
- No penalties for switching back-and-forth between data options at no cost
- XFINITY Mobile app to easily manage your account in real-time
- Access to the most popular devices from Samsung including the Samsung Galaxy Note8 (currently available), as well as the latest phones from Apple including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which are also currently available at Xfinity Stores and at XfinityMobile.com.
Now you’re probably wondering what the plans are like and what this is going to cost. Well I hope you’re sitting down – an unlimited data plan on Xfinity Mobile is $45 per month or if you’re not a data hog like me, then you can pay by the gig at just $12 a gig. Talk about affordable!
I’m already making my wish list of things I want with the money I’m going to save from Xfinity Mobile!
To learn more about any of the services I talked about here visit your local Xfinity store or Xfinity.com.