This post is in partnership with Fox Home Entertainment and THE BOSS BABY Movie.
If there’s one thing I learned at this parenting thing, it’s that a good ‘ole chocolate chip cookie can fix just about any sibling squabble you might come across. Honestly, there’s not much a chocolate chip cookie can’t fix. When I’m having a bad day or need a quick pick me up, a homemade cookie does the trick. Baking cookies are one of my favorite past times and one of the first recipes I taught my oldest to make. So when it was time to create our own version of “closer cookies” inspired by THE BOSS BABY movie, he was really excited to help teach his little sister to make them.
We wanted to take a regular chocolate chip cookie and kick it up a notch or two and what better way to do that than with more chocolate. We used milk chocolate, dark chocolate nad white chocolate chips in our recipe.
If you’ve seen THE BOSS BABY movie already, you already know about “closer cookies” and if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s definitely a must see. It’s out on Digital HD now and will be available on Blu-ray July 25th. Trust me this is one movie you’ll want to bring home for the kids. Mine loved it and cannot wait for the Blu-ray release.
When I told the kids we were going to make our own closer cookies, they couldn’t wait. They’ve been begging all week and since the last few days have been rainy, I thought it was the perfect rainy day activity.
Baking is a fun activity for the kids no matter what their age. There’s something for everyone to do. Even if it’s just sneaking the chocolate chips like Evie.
I took my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and just made it better with the addition of the dark and white chocolate chips. You can stick to just milk chocolate too if you’d like but what fun is that. They’re moist, chewy and oh so yummy!
- 2¼ cups of flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of chocolate chips - milk, white and dark chocolate
- ¾ cups of sugar
- ¾ cups of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda
- Mix in butter and vanilla until combined
- Add in sugar, brown sugar and eggs
- Mix until dough forms
- Add chocolate chips and gently fold into dough until combined
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let set for 2-3 minutes
- Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely
ABOUT THE MOVIE:
DreamWorks Animation invites you to meet a most unusual baby when THE BOSS BABY, the “wildly funny” adventure comedy of the year arrives on Digital HD July 4 and on Blu-ray and DVD on July 25. Seven-year-old Tim Templeton suddenly finds his share of parental love plummeting when his new baby brother (Alec Baldwin) arrives — wearing a suit and toting a briefcase — and makes it clear to everyone that he’s in charge. But when Tim discovers that Boss Baby is on a secret mission, he reluctantly agrees to team up with his pint-sized sibling for an epic adventure that might just change the world!
From the director of the hugely successful Madagascar franchise, Tom McGrath, comes a hilarious adventure-comedy about family and belonging. In addition to Alec Baldwin, THE BOSS BABY features the voice talents of a stellar cast including Steve Buscemi, Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kudrow, Miles Bakshi and Tobey Maguire.
THE BOSS BABY SPECIAL EDITION comes loaded with bonus features including the NEW Mini Adventure, a 3-minute action-packed journey through time featuring Boss Baby and Tim. Join the fun as Boss Baby and Tim battle pirates, travel through outer space, swim deep into the sea, and go toe-to-toe with some ferocious dinosaurs! Additional bonus materials include featurettes like “Cookies are for Closers: Inside BabyCorp,” Deleted Scenes and more!
THE BOSS BABY EXTRAS
- NEW Mini Adventure: The Boss Baby and Tim’s Treasure Hunt Through Time – Narrated by Wizzie, the magical wizard, join Boss Baby and Tim on their adventure!
- The Forever Puppy Infomercial – Always playful, always snuggly, and everlastingly cute; The Forever Puppy is destined to win the cuteness competition with babies once and for all.
- BabyCorp and You – Helpful advice and more for new infants on the job at BabyCorp.
- Babies vs. Puppies: Who Do YOU Love? – Who has won the hearts of familes once and for all? This “scientific” experiment compares and contrasts factors such as “cuddliness,” “adorability,” and “attention grabbing techniques” used by both demanding competitors.
- The Boss Baby’s Undercover Team – From Staci, the note taker who can’t read, to Jimbo the huge baby who’ll take a suction cup arrow for the Boss, to the triple-threat of the Triplets, Boss Baby dives deeper into this team of cute corporate board members.
- Cookies are for Closers: Inside BabyCorp – Go behind the scenes with Director Tom McGrath as he introduces us to BabyCorp, a secret organization of infants united for a common goal in
THE BOSS BABY.
- The Great Sibling Competition – A fun, kid-friendly and humorous look at the competition among siblings to win the affection of their parents. Explore conversations with the cast and crew on their competitive sibling relationships and get very special insights from Boss Baby himself: Alec Baldwin.
Bring home THE BOSS BABY on Digital HD today and on Blu-ray July 25th.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER