This post is sponsored by Comcast.
When it comes to television watching in my house, it’s usually the kids and my husband who do the bulk of it. There’s just not enough time in most days for me to sit down and watch my shows. So I decided I need to carve out some me time into my weeks. So after I put the kids to bed, I’m making time to catch up on my favorite shows. Thank goodness for the ability to record my favorite shows and watch them later because some days no matter how hard I try, I’m too tired at the end of the day. This week though I’m gearing up for some serious tv time. Xfinity’s 5th annual Watchathon week starts Monday, April 3 and this year Netflix is included in the week-long, binge-watching marathon! Watchathon gives Xfinity TV customers unlimited access to thousands of shows and movies!
More than 50 networks are kicking off Watchathon week and this year Netflix is getting in on the fun! You may have already heard the big news that you can subscribe to Netflix right from the X1 platform and enjoy their full catalog of shows and movies. During Watchathon, X1 customers will enjoy one-click access to Netflix giving you unlimited access to all of Netflix’s movies and shows!
If you’re thinking about Netflix, this is the perfect chance to give it a try before you buy. You’ll be able to check out all the new, buzzed about shows, even old favorites and catch up where you left off. We signed up for Netflix months ago and are so happy we did. It was super easy through the platform and we are really please with it.
During Watchathon week, Xfinity TV customers get unlimited access to thousands of shows and movies on 50+ broadcast, cable, and premium networks – for your kiddos, this includes networks like Sprout! and Disney Channel.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF WATCHATHON WEEK
- MAKE A LIST OF SHOWS YOU WANT TO SEE Now is the time to catch up on or even begin a new series. There are hundreds of series just waiting to be watched and during Watchathon is the perfect time. Catch up on The Walking Dead (I left off a few seasons ago), watch This is Us, Stranger Things, House of Cards and so much more! Figure out what you want to see most and binge watch it all!
- CARVE OUT SOME “ME” TIME – You’re going to need some “me” time to enjoy these shows. Make a plan to put the kids to bed a little earlier, plan on staying up a little later or whatever else you have to do to relax and unwind with your favorite shows.
- STOCK UP ON YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS – No binge-watching is complete without some snacks to go along with it. Grab a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers or your favorite snacks to unwind with and have them on hand to kick off Watchathon week.
- PLAN A DATE NIGHT – Why not make it a Watchathon date night. Pick a night during the week, put the kids to bed early or plan a sleepover at grandma’s, order take out and schedule the perfect date night for your and your significant other. Watch your favorite shows and enjoy the time, just the two of you.
- DON’T FORGET THE FAMILY – Don’t forget the kids. Networks like Sprout! and the Disney Channel are part of Watchathon so they can watch their favorite shows too!
Just take a look at all the networks participating in Watchathon:
Network’s participating in this year’s Watchathon Week include: A&E, ABC, AMC, Animal Planet, BBCA, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CBS Broadcast, CMT, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Crackle, The CW, Discovery, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, E!, ESPN, Food Network, FOX, FreeForm, FX, FXX, FYI, GSN, HGTV, HISTORY, ID, IFC, Lifetime, Logo, MLB Network, MTV, National Geographic, NBC, OWN, Oxygen, PBS, Science, Showtime, Spike, Sprout, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, Syfy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Tru TV, TV Land, USA, VH1, Viceland, We TV and WGNA.
I’ve claimed my spot on the couch and I’m really looking forward to finally catching up with old favorites like Gilmore Girls and Gossip Girl and maybe This Is Us (although I’m not sure I can handle that one yet.). I’ve heard great things about ABC’s Designated Survivor so I think that’s going on my list too.The TV-watching possibilities are endless this week.
You can learn more about Xfinity Watchathon Week here.
What will you be binge-watching during Watchathon?