This Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe will transform your dinners. Ready in under 30 minutes and packed full of flavor, dinner never tasted so good.
I’m a huge fan of 30-minute dinners. Our evenings are busy. Between work schedules and activities for the kids, I just don’t have the time to spend any longer than that cooking. Of course, there are times that I do, but that’s usually saved for a special occasion. Whenever I can get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and it’s a delicious dinner full of flavor and something the whole family will love, I consider that a win! That’s exactly what this cheesy chicken fajita pasta recipe is. Ready in under 30 minutes, it’s packed full of delicious flavor and it’s a dinner the whole family loves!
If you’re like me and love a flavorful dinner that takes hardly any time in the kitchen, then this is one recipe you don’t want to miss.
You’ll need a few things to get started like Barilla Pasta and Marinara Sauce, fresh peppers, onions, and cilantro. Since this dinner is something my family requests at least once a week, I make sure I add all these favorites to my weekly shopping order.
This way when I’m pressed for time and need a quick dinner option, I have everything on hand ready to go.
In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil and once the pan has had a chance to heat up, add in your chicken.Cook for 4-5 minutes turning halfway through.
Add in your fajita seasoning. I use homemade (grab the recipe below) because it’s so easy to make but if you prefer a packet mix, that’s fine too. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Add 1 chopped red pepper, 1 green pepper, and half an onion and cook for an addition 2-3 minutes.
Lastly, you’ll add in the cheddar cheese, a little half & half, some marinara sauce and pasta cooked al dente. Stir to combine and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce thickens.
Top with freshly chopped cilantro and serve immediately. This recipe fuses together your favorite flavors from homemade chicken fajitas with the delicious pasta.
It’s packed full of delicious flavor and since it’s ready in under 30 minutes, it’s a great recipe perfect for any day of the week.
What’s your favorite dinner when you’re pressed for time?
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breast sliced into chunks
- 1 box Barilla Penne Pasta
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 3/4 cheddar cheese
- FOR THE FAJITA SEASONING:
- 2. tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- In a saucepan, cook Barilla Penne Pasta al dente according to package directions about 11 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken (cut into chunks) and cook 4-5 minutes turning halfway through.
- Add fajita seasoning and stir to coat
- Add in chopped peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, half & half, and Barilla Marinara Sauce and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 4-5 minute or until cheese melts and sauce thickens.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve
PIN IT FOR LATER: