Don’t wait for Taco Tuesday to enjoy these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos. Grilled chicken breast tossed in a delicious cilantro lime marinate make for a flavor explosion that everyone will love!
If there’s one dish that is on repeat in my house it’s this Cilantro Lime Chicken. Seriously, it’s so good we cannot get enough of it. More often than not, some sort of chicken dish marinated in this delicious cilantro lime marinade is on our weekly menu. If you ask my kids their favorite dish, they’d pick tacos. Probably every night. So to switch things up, I swapped out the beef and made these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos. One bite and the whole family was hooked.
I love cilantro and it’s a staple in my garden every year. Some people don’t and my son is one of them. Usually. Either this recipe changed his opinion of cilantro or he just doesn’t care anymore because this has literally become his favorite recipe.
So I can safely say that this is a recipe that even the pickiest eaters will love.
Best of all, it’s a super easy recipe to make. If I have time, I’ll let the chicken soak in the marinade for a few hours.
More often than not, dinner time sneaks up on me and I’m like “oh no! What will I maker dinner tonight!” and BAM! Some sort of cilantro lime chicken is on the menu.
I’ll be sharing my favorite version of this, a Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl, in a few weeks. Until then let’s make these tacos.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- Fish Stick Tacos
- Taco Salad
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Fajita Salad
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
One of the best parts of this dish is how truly simple it is to make. Like I said earlier, if you have time let the chicken soak in the marinade but it’s ok it you don’t. Most nights, I don’t have the time and it tastes just as good.
You don't have to wait for Taco Tuesday to enjoy these mouthwater Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos.
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. chicken breast
- 1/4 olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh or dried cilantro
- 4-6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Small tortillas. I used street taco tortillas since they're smaller
- 1 avocado diced
- Spring mix
- In a bowl combine olive oll, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, garlic, chili powder, honey, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour marinade over chicken and cook 5-7 minutes each side until cooked
- Chop aovcado and set aside
- Once chicken is done, remove from pan and slice
- On a tortilla shell, add some spring mix top with chicken, avocado and drizzle with any remaining marinade in the pan
Cheese is optional. Feel free to add your favorite cheese to the tacos if you'd like.
I love mine with the chopped avocado but my daughter piles her’s with cheese. There really is no wrong way to enjoy them.
What would you add to these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos?