Crab Poppers with Sriracha Aioli are an easy and delicious appetizer or snack for any celebration.
I want something I can whip up quick so I can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family and friends.
I took my favorite go-to crab cake recipe and just made it bite-sized making these the perfect appetizer for entertaining. The smaller pieces are still full of flavor and will have everyone coming back for more.
Plus, did I mention how easy they are to make? I used a mini cupcake pan but you could always roll them and bake them on a cookie sheet too if you don’t have a mini cupcake pan.
Just be sure to spray a non-stick cooking spray and coat the sides with unseasoned panko breadcrumbs for a little crunch.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE CRAB POPPERS?
To make these yummy crab poppers, you’ll need:
- crab meat
- panko breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
- green onions
- teaspoon, cookie scoop or mini cupcake pan
- olive oil to great the pan
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE CRAB POPPERS
- Using a mini cupcake pan definitely helps. Just be sure to grease the sides of the pan and coat it with panko breadcrumbs
- If you don’t have a mini pan, a cookie scoop or good ole spoon will work just as great. Just roll the poppers into a ball and roll them in panko before putting them on the cookie sheet
- Imitation crab and real crab meat will work just as good
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK CRAB POPPERS?
They cook fairly quick. I cook them in a 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. Cooking time might vary depending on your oven. You’ll want to watch them closely they don’t burn towards the end.
HOW TO MAKE SRIRACHA AIOLI?
This sriracha aioli dipping sauce is even easier than the crab poppers and it’s so delicious.
You’ll need some mayo, sriracha sauce and fresh garlic. Just mix the ingredients in a bowl and chill until ready to use. It’s literally that simple.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Cranberry Chicken Pockets
- Caprese Salad with Lemon Balsamic
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs
- Corn and Seafood Clambake
- Fish Stick Tacos
HOW TO MAKE CRAB POPPERS
Crab Poppers with Sriracha Aioli Recipe
Mini Crab Poppers with Sriracha Aioli are the perfect appetizer for parties, celebrations and just because.
- * 8 oz. of fresh crab or imitation crab
- * 1 clove garlic chopped
- * 1/2 cup unseasoned panko breadcrumbs + 1/4 cup for coating the pan
- * 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- * 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- * 2 tbsp. butter
- * 1 egg
- * 1/4 parmesan cheese
- * 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- * Zest of one lemon
- * SRIRACHA AIOLI
- * 1/4 cup of mayo
- * 2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- * 2 cloves of garlic
Preheat over to 375 degrees
In a small pan combine butter and green onion cook 2-3 minutes until butter is melted
In a large bowl combine Crab Delights, garlic, egg, panko breadcrumbs, parsley, butter and onion, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir gently to combine
Spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray and coat with remaining breadcrumbs
Spoon 1 spoonful of crab mixture into each pan cavity
Bake 15-20 minutes until cooked through and crab poppers are a nice golden brown
Mix mayo, garlic and sriracha sauce in a bowl until combined
Saturday 6th of June 2020
Hi--Can you deep fry these or will they fall apart? Thanks
Tuesday 5th of December 2017
This is a fantastic bite-size recipe for holiday parties and gatherings! [client]