This post was sponsored by WaterWipes as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Over the past month, our travels have taken us to Baltimore and Philadelphia visiting the sites and creating family memories. Traveling is important to our family and whether its a day trip to the zoo or a weekend getaway, if we can get out and explore all the great cities and sites around us, I’m all for it. The more trips we take, the more I realize how important it is to be prepared for the good, the bad and all the messes in between. In the spirit of packing light, I’ve ditched my purse and keep only the essentials in the diaper bag, since that’s the bag that’s always with me. Wherever we’re headed, there’s one thing I won’t leave home without for any trip and that’s WaterWipes.
This past weekend we headed into Philadelphia for a little staycation. We only live about 30 minutes from the city but we wanted to head down for a few days to really explore some of the area attractions. So I made sure to back my bag with a few things I won’t travel without.
- Diapers – Obviously this is a no-brainer but I always make sure to pack extra since you never know when you’ll need
- Books/Toys – Now that she’s getting older, I keep a special book or toy in the diaper bag that she doesn’t play with often. This trick has saved me many times. Just this past weekend while visiting Philadelphia having that book saved me from a near disaster in the restaurant. We ended up getting dinner later than usual and the restaurant was really slow bringing us our food. After going through all the bread on the table and snacks in my bag, she was bored and starting to get antsy, but as soon as I pulled out her book I was able to buy just enough time until dinner arrived.
- Sippy Cup – I won’t leave home without her favorite spill-proof sippy cup. I refill it throughout the day with water to keep her hydrated especially on these hot days while we’re out exploring.
- Mommy Wallet – I keep a wallet or small clutch inside to hold my money, ID and anything else I might need. This way I’m not fumbling through the large diaper bag looking for my money or credit card.
- WaterWipes – This is a biggie. I keep WaterWipes everywhere. In my car, in my diaper bag, in just about every room of the house. Toddlers are messy. I think we can all agree on that and having wipes nearby for messes just works. WaterWipes are my go-to wipes for diaper changes to everyday messes.
On our first night, the hotel left a delicious bowl of fruit and plate of cookies in the room for us. When we walked in and the kids saw it, Evie let out a loud “ooohhhh” and ran right to the cookies.
She grabbed one and let me tell you, she enjoyed every single bite. Since we were headed right back out to our dinner reservation, I let her eat it on the go but was glad I had my WaterWipes in the diaper bag. It made cleaning her sticky hands and face easy.
WaterWipes are a chemical free baby wipe that contains only two ingredients – 99.9% pure Irish water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract and that’s it. I’ve used them for awhile now and can tell you they are not only durable but are extremely effective at cleaning up all of baby’s messes without any of the harmful chemicals in other wipes.
They offer a safer, natural option for your little one. I especially love using them to clean off her face or hands if we’re out can’t wash our hands. I don’t have to worry about her ingesting any harmful chemicals when she tries to lick them. Trust me, it’s happened on a few occasion so naturally these are the brand of wipes I prefer for cleaning her hands and face, in addition to diaper changes.
Plus there’s that little thing called eating. Toddlers can be messy eaters both out and at home. Since messes like this are frequent in this house, I always have a pack of WaterWipes nearby.
I can quickly wipe off her hands before she’s off to play.
You can find WaterWipes at Babies “R” Us on the baby wipe aisle. To find a store near you that carries WaterWipes, visit the store locator on their website.
Now through August 18, 2016 you can win one of five (5) $100 Babies”R” Us gift cards being given away from Water Wipes! I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (5 winners)