Disney Springs is reopening on May 20 and things are going to look a lot different. Here’s what you need to know BEFORE you go.
By now, you’ve probably heard Disney Springs is doing a phased reopening beginning Wednesday, May 20. As we sit and wait for the theme parks and hotels to open back up, this is a welcome sign. It makes me wish I lived a little closer so I could take the ride over and visit. Since I can’t, I’m following all the news from home. It’s safe to say, Disney Springs, as well as the whole Disney experience is going to look a lot different in these unprecedented times.
If you would have told me back in February that Disney Parks right here in Florida would be shutting down due to a pandemic, I would have laughed.
Never in a million years did I see this coming. None of us did.
Sure, I knew we were dealing with something scary. I mean I wasthisclose to cancelling our trip for the Disney Creators Celebration.
Traveling with a child with life threatening food allergies like my son has is nerve wracking enough, but Disney does an amazing job at handling allergies. It’s one of the reasons we go back again and again.
But when that same child also has lung and asthma issues and has spent 13 of his 15 years on this earth hospitalized at some point during flu season because of lung and breathing issues a situation like this makes you re-think your comfort left.
In the end we obviously went and had an amazing time but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous the entire trip and side-eyed anyone who I thought might be sick.
But never did I think Disney would shut down like this. So now that Disney Springs is opening back up, it’s a welcoming sign that things are starting to return to normal.
Well, our new normal. This new normal is going to have things in Disney Springs and the parks when they finally reopen looking a lot different.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN DISNEY SPRINGS REOPENS
So what can you expect when visiting Disney Springs now? Well, for starters not everything will be open. At least not on May 20.
Since it’s a phased reopening, only a limited number of stores and dining locations will be open. with more following on May 27.
- There will be limited parking and reduced entrances
- All guests will have their temperature taken prior to entry to Disney Springs
- Face coverings will be required for guests ages 3 and up (start practicing with the little ones at home)
- There will be physical distancing practices in place. Those will in including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
On May 27th, more Disney owned shops and restaurants will open like my favorites World of Disney, The Marketplace Co-Op and D-Luxe Burger for mobile ordering.
WHAT WILL BE OPEN WHEN DISNEY SPRINGS REOPENS
With the opening on May 20, you’ll find the following stores and restaurants open:
- 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck
- The Art Corner by Artistic Talent Group
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza
- The BOATHOUSE®
- Chapel Hats
- Chicken Guy!
- Columbia Sportswear
- Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers
- Earl of Sandwich®
- Edward Beiner Purveyor of Fine Eyewear
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
- Free People
- Frontera Cocina
- Happy Hound
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company®
- Lucky Brand
- Luxury of Time by Diamonds International
- Pandora® Jewelry
- Paradiso 37 Entertainment
- Pelé Soccer
- Planet Hollywood
- The Polite Pig
- Pop Gallery
- Ron Jon Surf Shop®
- Royally Yours by Arribas Brothers
- Savannah Bee Company
- Sosa Family Cigars
- STK Orlando
- Sugarboo & Co.
- Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs West Side
- Vera Bradley
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- Wine Bar George – A Restaurant & Bar
- YeSake Kiosk
While the Disney Springs experience is going to look a little different for the foreseeable future, the fact that it IS open and welcoming guests is a promising sign that parks and hotels will hopefully open soon.
Maybe our Fall trip will still happen. I’m cautiously optimistic. If and when the time comes, we’ll see how the world is before I make that decision.
Until then, I’ll be dreaming of all the delicious food and restaurants open right now in Disney Springs.
For all the up to the minute news on reopening of Disney Springs, visit DisneySprings.com.
Do you plan on visiting Disney World soon with all the changes?