This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you’re still looking for a simple yet cute Valentine’s Day gift for friends, teachers or anyone who needs a little cheer, this Valentine’s Day Candy Jar is a simple craft that takes only minutes to make with your Cricut Explore Air 2.
It’s no secret I’m obsessed with my Cricut Explore Air 2. My to-do list grows by the minute of projects and crafts I want to create. First up is one for all the procrastinators like me! With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, this simple and totally adorable craft is easy to make for all those co-workers, friends, teachers, etc. on your list! I mean who would’t want a cute little candy jar filled with chocolate. I know I would!
You’ll need a few things to get started making this DIY Valentine’s Day candy jar. Here’s a list:
- Valentine’s SVG File
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Standard grip mat
- Cricut Premium Vinyl, Removable (Pink from Vibrant Value Pack)
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Mason Jars, 16oz with lid
- Weeding Tool
- Ribbon, ¼” wide
- Silver Hershey Kisses candy (or other candy of your choice)
HOW TO MAKE A CRICUT DIY VALENTINE’S DAY CANDY JAR
- Thoroughly wash jars with soap and hot water and let them dry completely before using.
- Upload Valentines SVG File into Design Space.
- Click and drag over each of the phrases separately to adjust the size. Make “HappyValentine’s” and “Sweet Heart” phrases sized to 2.75″ high and the “Be Mine” phrasesized to 2.25” high on the Design Space canvas.
- Next, click and drag each phrase separately, then select “Group” and then “Attach”before proceeding.
- Select “Make It” in Design Space.
- Set material type to Premium Vinyl.
- Follow prompts for loading mat into Cricut Explore Air 2 and cutting the premium vinyl. When cut iscomplete, unload mat from the machine.
- Remove the Premium Vinyl from the mat.
- Cut around each phrase with a pair of scissors. Using the weeding tool, peel away theexcess vinyl around the cut phrases and discard.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape a bit larger than the size of the phrase.
- Peel away the transfer tape backing and place the transfer tape overtop of the vinylphrase. Gently rub the vinyl to help it stick to the transfer tape.
- Peel away the vinyl backing, leaving just the phrase adhered to the transfer tape.
- Position the phrase with the transfer tape on to the smooth side of a jar and press inplace. You can place the lettering straight across or at an angle.
- Press the vinyl phrase down with your fingers or with the Cricut scraping tool to help it tostick to the glass jar.
- Slowly and carefully remove the transfer tape leaving the vinyl phrase on the jar.
- As an added option, you can cut circles from the same colored premium vinyl to coverthe jar lid. Simply select the Shapes icon in the Design Space canvas and adjust size to 2” or other size to fit your mason jar lid.
- To finish, tie or glue a piece of ribbon around the jar lid.
- Fill the jar with sweet treats such as Hershey’s Kisses chocolates.
That’s it! A super simple craft that you can make with your Cricut Explore Air 2 that is sure to bring a smile to someone’s face!