This Garlic Butter Chicken recipe is a quick and easy option for busy nights. One bite of this quick and easy diced chicken recipe and you’ll be hooked.
If you’re looking for an easy chicken recipe for busy weeknights, then this recipe is for you. After a busy day the last thing I want to do is cook. So more times than I care to admit, we’ll do takeout. In an effort to save some money and cut back on the takeout, I’m determined to start cooking more at home. That means more meal planning and simple yet delicious dinners like this 15-minute Garlic Butter Chicken recipe.
It’s so good it’s on a weekly rotation in my house. In fact, when I don’t feel like cooking it’s one of my go-to recipes. I know it’s delicious and something the whole family will love.
Seriously it’s one of the easiest dinners you’ll ever make. Plus, it’s made with just a few simple ingredients. Most of which you probably already have in your kitchen.
And the taste? Well, it’s amazing. There’s a reason it’s one of my most requested dinners. It’s the only my entire family can agree on and the one everyone goes back for seconds for.
It seriously is that good.
I made this recipe with diced chicken breasts but you could totally use thin-sliced chicken breast, whole breasts, chicken tenderloins or even chicken thighs. Just be sure to cook until the internal temperature reaches on your meat thermometer.
INGREDIENTS NEEDS FOR GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
Not only is this recipe QUICK but it only takes a few, basic ingredients and you probably have most in your kitchen already. You’ll need:
- diced chicken
- salt & pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- fresh garlic (you can also substitute garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic)
- fresh parsley
- a few tablespoons of butter, a good butter. My go-to is Kerrygold. It’s the only butter I use in all my recipes. I use salted but unsalted butter would work to just add a little salt when you add the herbs and spices.
- squeeze of lemon juice
You can even substitute fresh herbs for the dried ones as well. If you want a little kick, add in some red pepper flakes for some added heat. It’s delicious!
TOOLS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS EASY STOVETOP CHICKEN RECIPE:
You really don’t need any fancy tools to make this recipe. These are all things you probably already have in your kitchen, and if you don’t, I’m sure you can get creative in using something else.
There’s no need to run out and waste any money on fancy tools. You’ll need:
- Small bowl for the flour and spices
- garlic press if you’re using fresh garlic
- cast iron skillet, cast iron pan or other large skillet
- meat mallet to make sure each piece of chicken (if you’re not using diced) is off even thickness
- measuring spoons
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
This garlic butter chicken recipe is delicious by itself or served over rice. That’s typically how we eat it here but it would be great with sides like:
- roasted asparagus
- brown rice
- lemon rice
- brussels sprouts
- green beans
- cooked potatoes
- mashed potatoes
The possibilities are endless and honestly I don’t think there is anything that this wouldn’t pair great with. That’s why it’s a family favorite – it’s so versatile.
DO I HAVE TO USE DICED CHICKEN?
No, not at all! I love using diced chicken but you can totally skip the step of cutting the chicken into pieces and use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Diced chicken cooks a little quicker and since I’m all about quick and easy meals, it’s a win-win for me..
But just know whether you use juicy chicken breasts or tender chicken thighs, it’s a delicious meal and will turn out amazing either way!
One bite and you’ll have everyone screaming “winner winner chicken dinner”.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
If you are looking for some other mouthwatering chicken recipes, try these:
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN – The MOST popular recipe on the site
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
If you make this recipe and share it on social media, be sure to tag me @anewdawnn. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
Ready for a dinner full of flavor and ready in about 15 minutes? Try this Garlic ButteR Chicken
- 1 - 1 1/2 pound of chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dry chicken breasts off and dice into even sized pieces
- In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter.
- In a bowl add diced chicken, flour, salt, pepper, oregano and basil and toss to coat
- Once butter is melted, add chicken to pan and cover.
- Cook 7 minutes and flip chicken. Cook another 7 mintues. (Cooking times are approixmate. Be sure to cook until chicken is throughly cooked)
- Once chicken is done cooking, add garlic, 1 tablespoon parlsey and remaining butter.
- Cook for 1 minutes or until butter is melted
- Serve immediately over rice.
For even more added flavor, add a little freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving.
HOW TO STORE ANY LEFTOVERS
If you have any leftover chicken just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
If you make this recipe and share it on social media, be sure to tag me @anewdawnn. And be sure to leave a review. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
Be sure to PIN this recipe for later: