Just one bite and you’ll see why these Hawaiian Chicken Tacos are one of my all time favorite meals. Delicious, full of flavor and can be ready in under 30 minutes!
This post is sponsored by Vidalia Onions. All opinions are my own.
If you’re anything like me, you wouldn’t mind if Taco Tuesday could be every night of the week. The great thing about tacos is the endless possibilities to make them however you like! One of my favorite ways to enjoy them are these Hawaiian Chicken Skillet Tacos made with fresh vegetables like delicious Vidalia Onions and a mouthwatering marinade.
The best part? The marinade can be made ahead of time and this is another dinner you can have on the table in under 30 minutes.
The sweet marinade has a little spice to it (you could totally increase the heat if you like it hot) and the delicious combination of vegetables and pineapple will have your tastebuds screaming for more.
My favorite Vidalia Onions are not only delicious but really make this recipe POP.
These Hawaiian Chicken Skillet Tacos taste like you spent way more time in the kitchen then you actually will but no one needs to know that but you.
They make a great party recipe too. Just double the recipe below and serve them on game day or any party you want the excuse to enjoy delicious tacos.
l like to make the marinade the night before so the chicken can soak in it all night but when I’m pressed for time, I’ve totally made it right before I cooked them.
Once the chicken is cooked, the Vidalia Onions and other veggies become the star of this recipe. Soaking up all the juices from the chicken and the reserved marinade.
I’ve even been known to forgo the Hawaiian Chicken Tacos and just eat the veggies right from the plate. They’re that good y’all.
I like to use Street Tacos shells, they’re a soft taco shell that is a lot smaller than most but they’re the perfect size for these handheld bites of goodness.
One bite when they’re filled with the chicken and veggies and you’ll see why this is my family’s most requested taco dinner.
Hawaiian Chicken Skillet Tacos
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken Breast I used tenders since they're taco sized
- 1 package Street Tacos 12 pack
- 1 Avocado chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia Onion chopped
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno diced
- 7 Pineapple Slices chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 large Red Pepper Chopped
To Make Marinade
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, dark brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and cilantro and whisk together.
- Reserve 2 tbsp. of marinade. Pour marinade over chicken in zip top bag an refrigerate for at least an hour to overnight
To Make Tacos
- Add to tbsp. of olive oil to pan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 5-7 minutes on eat side or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add chopped pineapple, Vidalia onion, peppers and tomatoes to pan. Pour reserved marinade over top. Cook until peppers are soft and onions are translucent. (7-10 minutes)
- Assemble tacos and serve immediately.
Are you ready to try these delicious Hawaiian Chicken Skillet Tacos? Pick up some delicious Vidalia Onions and watch how quickly these tacos disappear!