Looking for an easy and delicious dinner ready in under 30 minutes? Then this Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta recipe is for you!
If you’ve enjoyed some of my recipes before, you know how much I love a one-pan dinner. Not only because all of my one-pot recipes are recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less. Wait, no, actually that is why I love them. This One-Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta Recipe is one of those recipes and a family favorite. We make it a couple of times a month. Sometimes with spicy Italian Sausage and sometimes with sweet but either way it’s absolutely delicious.
Ingredients needed to make this Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta
It doesn’t require a ton of fancy ingredients either. Just some Italian Sausage, bell peppers (I used red, yellow and orange because they were on sale but green work just as well) an onion, fresh garlic, a can of crushed tomatoes and your favorite Italian seasoning.
Oh and a little (or a lot, no judgement here) freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Other One-Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- My amazing Garlic Butter Chicken is so good we make it at least once a week.
- This Honey Garlic Chicken is one of the most popular recipes on this blog and for good reason, it’s delicious.
Just a few reasons why you’ll love this spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta recipe:
- It’s oh so easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients is all it takes to enjoy a restaurant quality meal right in your own kitchen.
- It has TONS of flavor. Everything cooks in one pan so all the ingredients blend together perfectly as they cook.
- But most importantly, it’s a quick dinner for those busy nights when you just don’t want to feel like cooking.
- It’s a cheap dinner option. It can be made for under $10.
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes to Try:
- Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Burrata Pasta
- That viral Tomato & Feta Pasta
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta
Now let’s make this delicious pasta dish, shall we?!
How to Make This One-Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta Recipe
- 1 pack of fresh sweet sausage
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz can)
- 1 small onion cut into pieces
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 5 gloves of garlic
Cook your pasta.
While pasta is cooking, cook your sausage in a large pan or cast iron pan with half the olive oil
Slice the onion and peppers. If you don't have red or yellow peppers, green would work fine. These were just on sale and too pretty to pass up.
Once sausage is cooked remove from pan. Add onion, peppers and garlic to the same pan you cooked the sausages in.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil and cook a few minutes until they soften.
Add the pasta, sausage, italian seasoning and crushed tomatoes to the pan and give it a nice stir. Simmer on low-medium heat for about 5 - 7 minutes.
Remove from heat and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Don’t just take my word for it. Try it out and let me know what you think!