Start your day with these delicious Key Lime Pie Pancake Bites! They’re gluten free and oh so yummy!
If you’re a pancake fan, then you will love pancake bites! Mini pancakes baked in a mini muffin pan for a fun way to spice up breakfast time! While you can easily make your favorite pancake recipe and turn them into pancake bites, why not spice things up a bit and make these Key Lime Pie Pancake Bites! So yummy!
These gluten free pancake bites are easy to make and are full of flavor. Top them with a dollop of whipped cream and you have a breakfast hit on your hand!
The fun flavor and festive coloring with a little bite of fresh lime shavings make them a fun breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day! You could even use green sprinkles for a kid-friendly alternative.
Baking them in this mini muffin pan gives them the fun shape and makes kids love them even more!
Make a bunch ahead of time and pop them in the freezer for later. Just pop them out and heat them up in the microwave for a quick breakfast on days when you need to get out the door!
WHAT OTHER VARIETY PANCAKE BITES CAN I MAKE?
- Blueberry Lemon – replace the lime juice with lemon and add some fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter
- Strawberry Lemon – replace the lime juice with lemon juice and add some fresh strawberries to the batter
- Blueberry – don’t add any juice and just add blueberries to the batter
- Triple Berry – don’t add any juice and add blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Bacon Sweet Potato Breakfast Pizzas
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Berry Smoothie Bowl
- The BEST Green Smoothie
HOW TO MAKE KEY LIME PIE PANCAKE BITES
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. - If you plan to add whipped topping cool completely until they are not warm to touch. Top with whipped topping and zest of key lime.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, melted butter, egg, milk, and key lime juice.
Spray mini cupcake pan with olive oil spray. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop mix into each cupcake hole only filling half way.
Bake for 14 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool for a two or three minutes on a cooling rack if you plan to dip in syrup.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If you plan to add whipped topping cool completely until they are not warm to touch. Top with whipped topping and zest of key lime.
If you make this recipe, go ahead and tag me on social media @anewdawnn and let me know what you think!