This post is in partnership with ACME Markets. All opinions are my own.
I love to cook and recipes ready in under thirty minutes are my jam. With two kids that keep me on my toes, that’s pretty much all I got when it comes to time in the kitchen. Keeping with my new year’s resolution to eat out less, that means I my meal plan has plenty of quick and delicious recipes on rotation. Two things that I know I can never go wrong with are lemon and garlic. If I make anything with those ingredients, I usually know it’s going to be a winner with my family. So when I made this Lemon Garlic Chicken served over angel hair pasta, this weekend, I was pretty sure that they’d enjoy it. I didn’t expect was how much they’d love it.
This dish combines everything I love. The fresh taste of lemon, plenty of garlic flavor in a light parmesan cream sauce with just a hint of heat thanks to some red pepper flakes. These flavors combine perfectly for deliciousness in every bite you take.
My local Philadelphia area ACME Markets have a new chicken, Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken, exclusively in their stores and when I saw it, I knew I had to give it a try.
Chicken dishes are always a hit in my house and my kids love them, so when I shop, plenty of chicken is always in the shopping cart.
Open Nature Air-Chilled Chicken is a genuinely different chicken. The air chilled chickens are individually processed with purified air for a 100% mouth-watering flavor. The chickens are fed a proprietary flaxseed-based diet. This special diet makes the chicken up to 300% higher in beneficial omega-3’s and 40% lower in cholesterol (compared to conventional chicken).
Here are some other important reasons to love Open Nature chicken :
- No antibiotics ever
- Cage free / American Humane Certified
- No added hormones (federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in poultry)
- 100% natural (minimally processed, with no artificial ingredients)
- Vegetarian fed
You can taste the difference in every bite.
I served this lemon garlic chicken over angel hair pasta but it would be delicious over rice too. With just a few ingredients, this dinner can be on your table in under thirty minutes making it a great option for busy nights.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1 lb. Open Nature® Air Chilled Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes more if you like a little more heat
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta to package directions
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium to high heat
- Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Add cream, lemon, zest, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese to pain and gently bring to boil. You don't want it bubbling over but just enough to melt the cheese
- Remove 1/4 cup of sauce from pan and set aside
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat
- Add chicken back to pan and cover with reserved sauce
- Serve with freshly sliced lemons and parsley
Shop Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken at your local ACME Markets.
Have you tried Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken yet?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.
Like this recipe? PIN IT for later: