Put a twist on lasagna night with these Meaty Lasagna Roll-Ups! Easier than regular lasagna and just as delicious!
LASAGNA ROLL-UPS ARE PERFECT FOR THE FREEZER
Anytime I make these, I try to make extra to freeze so we have an easy meal ready and waiting for us that just needs to be baked. Unfortunately, it never works out that way.
These are such a big hit with my family that they never make it that far, we’re usually left with enough for leftovers the next day unless of course my parents find out I’m making them. Then we usually have surprise dinner guests that night. No kidding!
In a large bowl mix the ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese together with the salt, pepper, parsley and basil. Mix well.
Once the noodles are cooked and have cooled for a few minutes, line them up on a large plate.
HOW TO MAKE MEATY LASAGNA ROLL UPS
Put a twist on regular lasagna with these meaty lasagna roll ups recipe. Easier than regular lasagna and just as delicious!
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 2 jars of pasta sauce
- 32 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 of pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, cool and lay out noodles on tray or cutting board
- Brown gound beef. Drain.
- Add one jar of sauce to beef and allow to simmer
- In a large bowl combine mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan cheeses with the salt, pepper, parsley and basil
- Pour some sauce into a baking pan and set aside
- Spoon cheese mixture onto each lasagna noodle and spread it out.
- Gently roll up each lasagna noodle
- Place each roll into the baking pan. Repeat with all noodles
- Top lasagna roll ups with sauce/meat mixture and some more mozzarella cheese
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approixmately 25-30 minutes
- Serve immediately
This recipe freezes very well. To make them for the freezer, follow directions up until baking in the over. Place all the roll-ups in a freezer safe / oven safe pan. Top with meat sauce, cover and freeze.
When ready to cook, transfer to 350 degree oven for approixmately 1 hour. Cook times will vary depending on oven.