This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerVino #VeranoSutter #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
We just came home from a fun filled few days in Baltimore, Maryland. Our days were jam packed full of fun, family friendly activities exploring the city and everything it had to offer. Yesterday was our first day home and I had made plans with some friends to come over for the day. What I didn’t realize was just how tired I was from the trip and all I really wanted to do was sit out on my deck and relax. It ended up being a great night and the guys took the kids in the pool and I was able to sit around and chat about our trip with the girls. I poured us all a glass of wine and whipped up these mini beef empanaddillas for a little appetizer before they came over.
I love homemade empanadas but wanted to make a mini version for an appetizer. They’d be create for a girls night in like I did or a great finger food at your next party.
Since I was in a rush and we just arrived home earlier in the day, I used the pre-made pastry discs to make them. I just grabbed a circle sandwich cutter and cut a circle in the dough.
I rolled it out a bit and stuffed it full with the seasoned beef.
Once that was done, I sealed it up and fried it for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
I grabbed a bottle of my favorite Sutter Home wine and we had an instant girls night in. Sutter Home is the perfect wine to bring people together and make them feel at home. I paired my mini empanadas with a bottle of Pink Moscato.
For more ideas to celebrate your own girls night in or just delicious Sutter Home recipes, visit UncorkTheMoments.Com.
Mini Beef Empanada Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 packs frozen empanada discs found in the spanish (frozen section of the grocery store)
- 2 tbsp. Sofrito
- 2 packets of Sazon con Cilantro Y Achiote
- 1 tsp. Adobo
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat oil in large frying pan
- In another pan, brown ground beef.
- Once beef is cooked, add in sofrito, sazon, adobo, cilantro and water. Mix until combined.
- Cooked for another 1-2 minutes
- Using a large circle sandwich cutter cut smaller circle from empanada discs
- Using a roll pin, roll out just a little
- Stuff with meat
- Moisten one edge of dough and fold over top edge
- Seal with fork
- Fry in oil 3-5 minutes on each side until nice and brown
- Serve immediately