This post may contain affiliate links.
Lately, I’ve been trying to get better at sticking to our budget. One of the biggest areas where I waste money is eating out. We eat out way too much. Some weeks I don’t even use up any of the food I bought at the grocery store because it’s just easier to order take out or pick up an already prepared meal and if I’m being honest, with everything else I do all day long, I’m too exhausted to cook dinner at the end of the day. To get back in the habit of meal planning, meal prep and actually cooking dinner at home, I started on our weekly menu again. This recipe is one of those that make my regular rotation and I actually forgot how delicious this dinner was. These Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are a delicious dinner that’s full of flavor and ready in a little over 30 minutes.
I served them with pasta but they would be great as a sandwich with some sauce and a nice, warm roll or even by themselves. These are pretty big meatballs and are really filling so they can be a great dinner all by themselves.
Ya’ll these meatballs are so delicious. It’s a meal my entire family loves, even my pickiest eater loves these meatballs.
The best part is there’s only a few ingredients going into these tasty meatballs.
You’ll need 1 lb. of ground chicken, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, panko breadcrumbs, 6-7 fresh basil leaves chopped, and 2-3 cloves of garlic. I used 3 because everything is better with plenty of garlic.
In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, and panko breadcrumbs with your hands.
Set aside and cut 7-8 pieces of mozzarella into cubes.
Divide the meat mixture in 7-8 equal sized meatballs. Roll in your hands and press one piece of mozzarella into the center and roll the meat around the cheese.
Roll the meatballs into remaining panko breadcrumbs and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake in a 400-degree oven for 25-30 minutes until meatballs are cooked through and toasted a light brown.
Remove from oven and place plate of pasta or sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
One bite and you’ll easily see why these are a regular menu item in our house.
Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 large basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese (brick)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, garlic, parmesan cheese, 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs and egg and gently mix to combine ingredients.
- Cut part of mozzarella cheese into 8 bite-sized pieces
- Divide chicken mixture into 8 same-sized pieces.
- Place one piece of mozzarella into the center of each meatball and press meat around the cheese. Roll into a ball in your hands
- Then roll meatball in remaining breadcrumbs, coating on all sides
- Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through
- Serve on top of pasta and your favorite sauce
Love this recipe? PIN it for later: