This post has been sponsored by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A few months ago, I started following a Keto-based diet. It took a little trial and error in the beginning but after a few days, and a few slip ups, I’ve settled into a new routine and mindset when it comes to eating. While meals have been easy for me, it’s my gigantic sweet tooth that was setting me back. Once I found some simple and delicious Keto-friendly dessert options, things became a lot easier for me. This Orange Vanilla Keto Ice Cream, made with Atkins® Shakes from ACME, is one of my go-to desserts.
I can easily pick up Atkins Shakes from ACME when I’m doing my weekly grocery shopping. Look for them in the Nutritional Supplement aisle.
Thanks to the ACME mobile app, I can even add coupons to use when shopping right from the app. Download the app to find recipes and save at your local ACME!
This way, I don’t forget to pick up any other ingredients I need to make the ice cream or dessert I’m making for the week.
Atkins Shakes are keto-friendly* (when used with Atkins ketogenic programs) and they’re a delicious grab-and-go snack or an easy breakfast on busy days.
Atkins is a balanced eating approach, with optimal protein, healthy fats, and fiber-rich foods. On Atkins, people can eat from all food groups.
There have been over 180 studies which demonstrate the safety and efficacy of low-carb nutrition. Atkins is a sustainable, long-term way of eating for a lifetime of wellness.
There are benefits beyond just losing weight with low-carb nutrition like a lower risk of heart disease, Type 2 diabetes and more. You can see more about these benefits at Atkins.com
Plus, the Atkins Shakes are great to use in recipes like this Orange Vanilla Keto Ice Cream.
It has a creamy vanilla taste with the perfect amount of orange flavor, making it taste just like a creamsicle.
It’s a delicious recipe anytime I have a craving for something sweet.
HOW TO MAKE KETO FRIENDLY ORANGE VANILLA ICE CREAM
Once the mixture is cooked, you just pour it into a pan, place it in the freezer for a few hours until it firms up, and you have this delicious Orange Vanilla Keto Ice Cream waiting whenever you crave something sweet.
Top it with a sprig of fresh mint for a refreshing treat on a hot day.
Orange Vanilla Keto Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 Atkins French Vanilla Protein Shake
- 1 2/3 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/8 tsp. Orange Extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the shake, cream and orange zest over medium heat. Stir occasionally, until it is bubbling along the sides and steaming, but not boiling, about 7 minutes.
- While the cream mixture is warming, in another bowl to whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, powdered sweetener, and orange extract until well combined and light yellow in color.
- Once the cream mixture is warm, temper the egg mixture by slowly whisking in about 1 cup of the warm cream. Whisk the egg mixture into the saucepan with the cream and place back over medium heat, stirring constantly. Heat until the custard thickens to coat the back of a spoon and reaches at least 165°F, about 7 minutes.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Stir or whisk the custard every half hour for the first couple hours to break up ice crystals. Freeze for a total of 4-5 hours before serving
Don’t forget to download the ACME app to find more recipes and savings