Over the holiday break we sat down together as a family and planned some things we all want to do more of this coming year. Nothing spectacular or major events. Heck most of them you can do for free. Just some things we can do together as a family to create lasting memories for all of us. Here’s a peek at our 2016 Bucket List.
1. Camp Out Under the Stars. We’re looking forward to the warm summer months when we can pull out our tent and sleeping bags and camp in the back yard.
2. Family Fishing Trips. My husband loves to fish and I’ll be honest, over the years I’ve really enjoyed our little trips to the lake. We have a few lakes around our house that we love to visit and this year we’re making it a point to find some new spots.
3. More Family Movie Nights. With my husbands crazy schedule we don’t have as many family movie nights as we used to. This year that’s changing. I’m scheduling at least one family movie night a month so we can all sit down and binge watch our favorite movies.
4. Explore our local parks. The one great thing about where we live is our proximity to so many parks. So this year, we’re heading out to enjoy them.
5. Plan a picnic. With so many parks nearby and even our own backyard, a picnic in the park is definitely happening.
6. Go Berry Picking. We can’t wait for spring to roll around to go to strawberry picking.
7. Plant a garden. Our poor little garden has seriously been neglected the past two years so this is the year that we’re not only going to get it up and running but we’re going to make it bigger.
8. Go sledding. Even though I’m not a fan of snow or winter. I know this is something the kids will love. So if we get any snow this season, we’re definitely going out sledding.
9. Take in a MLB Game – Having two sports fans in the house, this is a must do for the guys. Especially when they’re fans of a west coast team like the LA Dodgers. The only way to see them play in action is to head to a local stadium for a game.
10. Catch lightning bugs. We do this every year and it’s something my oldest looks forward to once the warm weather hits. This year, we’ll make a fun bug catchers to go along with it.
11. Have fun Geocaching. We’ve done this a few times and it’s always an adventure.
12. Visit a waterpark. There’s just something fun to be said about the giant slides and wave pools at a waterpark.
13. Plan more family trips. Living so close to NYC and places like Baltimore and Washington, D.C. is reason enough to plan day or weekend trips to get out and explore the world around us.
14. Plan a backwards day. Maybe stay in your pj’s all day and watch movie or have breakfast for dinner. Heck, maybe even skip dinner and go out for a giant ice scream sundae!
Why not create your own family bucket list! I’ve created this free printable sheet to make it easy for you! Just print it out, sit down with your family and start creating memories for this year.
Here’s a fun printable sheet so you can sit down with your family and create your own 2016 bucket list. Enjoy!