Add a little patriotic flair to your next BBQ or picnic with this easy to make and oh so delicious Red White and Blue Fruit Salad recipe.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert to make for your July 4th picnic, the neighborhood potluck or just a delicious dessert on these warm summer days, give this Patriotic Fruit Salad recipe a try. It’s super easy to make, tastes amazing and you probably have most of these fruits in your fridge already.
I went a little extra and used a star cookie cutters to add a little fun to the salad but if you don’t have any star cookie cutters handy and you don’t feel like buying any, don’t fret. It won’t change the taste of this delicious Patriotic fruit salad. It’s amazing with or without the stars.
But if you are a little extra like me, then you’ll want to pick up a few star shaped cookie cutters in different sizes to use when your’e cutting some of the fruits used in this recipe.
WHAT FRUITS TO USE IN A RED WHITE AND BLUE FRUIT SALAD?
For this recipe I used:
Other fruits that would be just as yummy:
- apples (just be sure to soak them in lemon juice so they don’t brown)
HOW LONG WILL THIS PATRIOTIC FRUIT SALAD LAST?
I usually make this the morning of our picnic since I don’t want it to get too soggy with the honey lime dressing on it.
If there is any leftovers, you can refrigerate the red, white and blue salad recipe for a day or so. Anything longer than that and I think it will be too soggy.
OTHER PATRIOTIC RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- 3 INGREDIENT PATRIOTIC POPCORN RECIPE
- RED, WHITE & BLUE Pomegranate LEMONADE RECIPE
- No-Bake July 4th Dessert Cakes
- Red, White & Blue Angel Food Cake
- Patriotic Air Fryer Hand Pies
- Red, White & Blue Pasta Salad
WHAT PAIRS WELL WITH THIS PATRIOTIC FRUIT SALAD?
I think the question here is what doesn’t pair well with this fruit salad recipe. It’s a great side dish for any recipe especially summer BBQ recipes like:
- Grilled Shrimp & Sausage Foil Packs
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Hawaiian Chicken Sausage Kabobs
- Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Peach and Cucumber Salsa
- Caprese Salad with Lemon Balsamic Dressing
HOW TO MAKE THIS 4TH OF JULY SALAD RECIPE:
This red, white and blue fruit salad is perfect for all your summer celebrations and picnics. It’s the perfect recipe for the 4th of July and any other day you’re entertaining friends.
To make this recipe as quickly as possible wash and dry your berries.Then grab all your supplies. You’ll need:
- small star shaped cookie cutter
- mixing bowl
- cutting board
- small bowl for dressing
- sharp knife
Now let’s make this festive red, white and blue fruit salad.
This easy to make, healthy and delicious Red, White & Blue Fruit Salad is perfect for all your summer celebrations.
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 4-5 pears
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 quart strawberries
- In a small bowl mix the lime juice and honey until combined. Set aside
- Slice pears and use your star-shaped cookie cutter to cut stars from the slices. Soak stars in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and star-shaped pears.
- Pour dressing and gently stir.
- Pour salad into bowl and enjoy. Or refrigerate until ready to use. NOTE: If not eating right away, do not add dressing until ready to eat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 9gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g