This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatsInYourBabyBag #CollectiveBias
When it comes time to shop for a baby shower gift, I always get something off the registry for the baby but I also like to get the new mom a little gift too. One of my favorite new mama gifts to give is a hospital bag filled with essentials for giving birth and postpartum all packaged up in a cute travel bag that can be used again and again. The fun part is creating a gift like this. You can truly customize it to fit the mom and depending on how well you know her, you can really fill it up with some of her favorite things along with essentials new moms might need.
There are always a few essentials I put in every kit but then I try to add in some personal touches for each mom. Once I found the perfect travel bag to hold everything in, I started shopping for everything else. This is the fun part. You can really get creative here and fill it with things you know your friend loves or things you couldn’t live without postpartum.
The hospital sends you home with some things like everyone’s favorite mesh underwear and giant pads and these get bad rap from some moms. Truth be told, they work and they work great. Hence why they still use them today. So take what they give you here mamas and remember, you only have to use them for a short time. That leaves me to fill the bag with other important things.
What I did fill it with was a variety of things every new momma should have on hand and a few of my favorite things:
- A cute travel bag – This can be used again and again on family trips, for baby number 2 and more.
- Hair bands – If you have longer hair the last thing you want in your face is your hair. A pack of these is a must have especially because these things like to disappear on their own, you don’t want to only bring one or two.
- Hair Brush – A small portable brush to make yourself presentable before guests arrive is important
- Hand Santizer – This is a must. I made everyone use some before they tried to hold the baby
- Body sponge – I forgot to pack this in my bag and when I was cleared to take my first shower, I was pretty upset with myself.
- Empty Toiletries Bottles – Instead of buying already filled ones, these empty ones let you (or the new mom) fill them up with their favorite products from home without having to bring along the entire bottle.
- Pain Reliever
- Preparation H® Medicated Wipes for Women – One of the things they “forget” to tell you about after childbirth is you might get hemorrhoids. Your lady parts will thank you if you’re prepared.
Did you know that pregnancy can cause hemorrhoids in 1 out of 3 women? Preparation H® Medicated Wipes and Preparation H® Medicated Wipes for Women are there to help during that uncomfortable post-partum period. When used as directed, they can help alleviate any discomfort new moms have so they can focus on the more important things like their new little bundle of joy.
Having Preparation H® Medicated Wipes for Women in your hospital “go” bag, means you’re prepared to relieve hemorrhoid symptoms following childbirth. Preparation H® Medicated Wipes for Women are the first and only women’s hemorrhoid wipes infused with chamomile, aloe and refreshing cucumber, plus a soothing medication that cools on contact.
I love living right around the corner from Walmart. When it comes time to shop for a gift or I need something last minute for dinner, I don’t have to drive far. In fact, it’s where I picked up everything for this gift basket. Including the PreparationH® Medicated Wipes.
They always have everything I need for the perfect gift and this new mama essentials gift idea was no exception.
What are some of your favorite things that you packed in your hospital bag?