A few months ago, we were driving in North Jersey and drove by this cool restaurant called Quaker Steak & Lube. From the outside, it looked like a auto garage. Somewhere you’d take your car to get worked on with several garage bays and some old fashioned gas pumps. Being the car lovers we are, my husband and I looked at each other and said at the same time “we need to eat here”. Fast forward to yesterday. We were invited out to check out this same restaurant and their new #BluesAndRockMenu.
As soon as we pulled up, the nods to cars new and old were everywhere from the garage bays to the gas nozzle door handles. Everywhere you looked, there was auto memorabilia, traffic signs even real vehicles inside the restaurant.
Yup. You can eat dinner underneath classic corvette.
Now let’s talk about the food. Quaker Steak & Lube is known for their wings and there are plenty of flavors to choose from but we’re saving that for another visit.
Today we were checking out the new Blues and Rock Menu. The new menu features dishes like:
Bourbon and Blues
- Rhythm & Blue Sirloin – Topped with sautéed peppers, onions, mushrooms and Bleu Cheese
- Jammin’ Bacon Sirloin – Topped with The Lube’s sweet and spicy Thai ‘R’ Cracker® bacon and jalapeno jam
- Beale Street Bourbon – Bourbon Arnold Palmer
Rock the Boat
- Mojo Mahi-Mahi – Drizzled with spicy, garlic honey sauce.
- Pub Style Fish & Chips – Hand-breaded traditional Cod Fillet dipped in a seasoned batter, coated with panko crumbs and lightly fried.
- Celebrate Cake Shake – A delicious blend of party cake topped with whip cream and rainbow sprinkles
- Cool Lemon Tart Bar Jar® Sundae – Lemon pie filling topped with streusel and ice cream
My husband went with the Mojo Mahi-Mahi. The rice had a nice spicy flavor to it and it complemented the mani-mahi perfectly.
I went with the fish & chips. It’s been awhile since I had good fish & chips so I was hoping they didn’t disappoint. One bite and I quickly realized that they did not. They were light, flaky and all around delicious.
The kids got a kick out of the kids meals being served in cute little race car trays and the serving sizes were good for a kids meal.
For dessert, we shared the Cool Lemon Tart Bar Jar® Sundae. It tasted the like ultimate lemon pie. Sweet with just the right touch of cookie streusel and the vanilla ice cream was the perfect touch.
Everything we had was delicious and it was a super fun restaurant. We’ll definitely be going back for wing night!
WIN A DINNER FOR TWO AT QUAKER STEAK & LUBE
Want to try one of these delicious dishes off their new menu? One lucky reader will win a dinner for two to try it for themselves. NOTE: Dinner only good at the following locations in New Jersey: Edison, Brick and Pohatcong. So if you can get to one of those locations then this giveaway is for you! If not, share with someone you know.