Don’t let a little rain ruin your trip to Walt Disney World. Instead here are a few ways to enjoy a rainy day at Disney.
Although it doesn’t rain terribly often in Orlando, FL it does in fact happen and typically you would think that rain would completely ruin your day if you plan to spend it at an outdoor amusement park such as Disney World. Well, one of the things I love most about Disney World is that I feel like even with rainy weather, you are still able to enjoy a full experienwce at the park and have a great time. Today I’m sharing tips / tricks about how to enjoy a rainy day at Disney.
1. Disney Planned Ahead: Disney Parks are always looking to accommodate their guests to the fullest of their ability and a little rain isn’t going to stop them. The park is actually designed to accommodate rainy days. A lot of the rides have covered areas while you are standing in line and a lot of the rides are actually indoors as well.
Not to mention there is always sheltered areas for dining and shopping if the rain is really heavy. And if all else fails, buy a poncho in one of the many stores or carts around the parks.
2. Shortened Wait Times: When it comes to rain that can really put a damper on some people’s day and they will head on home in the event of showers coming. This is totally beneficial for you if you are willing to stick it out.
The park crowd will begin to thin resulting in shorter wait times for you. We’ve pulled out our ponchos and made the best of it whenever we encountered rain. The benefit? We walked right onto many of the rides because of the rain.
3. Be Prepared: As I said, it’s not something that happens terribly often but dependent on the time of year that you visit. It is entirely possible that you will experience at least some rain in Orlando during your trip. I always like to come prepared for the weather even if it isn’t in the forecast, because you never know what will happen.
I recommend packing a light jacket or a rain poncho ahead of time. If you don’t bring those with you you’ll find yourself paying at bit more for a poncho in the parks.
4. Wait it Out: A lot of times even when rain does come along in Florida it tends to be a short period of time. Wait it out by visiting an indoor attraction, souvenir shop or grabbing a bite to eat and chances are by the time you hang out for 30 mins-1 hour the rain will have passed and you can move along with your day.
5. Visit Disney Springs: If rain all day is in the forecast, maybe skip out on one of the traditional parks and head over to Disney Springs. Here you can take in the latest movies at the AMC Theater or head to Splitsville for some bowling fun! There is also plenty of shopping to do but you will have to walk store to store between the rain. Plus there are plenty of amazing restaurants where you can grab a bite to eat.
Remember, don’t let getting a little wet ruin your day of fun. Just have a plan in place in the event of rain and make the best of it. Stay prepared and go on about your day enjoying it to the best of your ability.
Remember to keep calm and get your Disney on!