Enjoy the delicious flavors of a traditional shrimp boil combined with the added flavor of sausage in these easy and delicious Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs.
Finding ways to cook some of our favorite dishes on the grill is always a win in my book. For years, I’d make foil pack dinners and bake them in the oven but during the summer months, those same dishes are the ones we cook on the grill for a delicious twist on our regular favorites. These Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs are one of those recipes that everyone loves.
During the summer months, we spend just about all of our free time outdoors when we’re home. Summer brings late nights playing in the yard catching fireflies, swimming all afternoon and plenty of dinners cooked on the grill.
While I love a good burger and hot dog I like to get creative grilling up recipes.
This time I added plenty of fresh garlic from the garden and parmesan cheese to these Grilled Shrimp & Smoked Sausage Foil Packs for a yummy twist my whole family loved.
Packed with yummy shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn, these foil packs will be a family favorite!
The foil packs are easy to assemble and all I have to do is throw them on the grill while the kids enjoy a quick dip in the pool.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE FOIL PACKS?
For this relatively easy recipe you’ll need:
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- fresh corn
- baby potatoes
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
- fresh parmesan cheese
- large bowl for mixing
- aluminum foil sheets
- salt & pepper to taste
I incorporated fresh corn and baby potatoes from the local farm stand that we love to visit during the summer with some delicious sausage and shrimp topped with some olive oil, fresh garlic, and shredded parmesan cheese.
Whipping everything up only took minutes which was important. I don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen cooking when I can be outside enjoying these beautiful summer days.
Once everything was combined, I scooped a serving onto the foil, wrapped them up and then it was off to the grill.
It’s really that simple. Even if you’re a novice on the grill, this is a fool-proof recipe.
Cook these on the medium – high heat for about 15 minutes and that’s it. A simple dinner that is full of flavor.
Ready to make these delicious Grilled Shrimp & Smoked Sausage foil packs for yourself?
HELPFUL TIPS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- Pre-heat your grill
- Cut all your veggies ahead of time
- Cut your aluminum foil pieces ahead of time so you can just scoop and fill as you go
This is one of those recipes that you could make using whatever you have on hand and you can rest assured that it will turn out amazing.
If you like things a little spicy, try using hot sausage for a little kick.
How to Make Grilled Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Foil Packs
Enjoy the flavors of a shrimp boil in these easy and delicious Grilled Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Foil Packs
- 4 ears of corn cut into quarters
- 1 pack of smoked sausage (or regular sausage) cut into quarters
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bag of baby red potatoes (about 12-15 washed and quartered)
- 1 lb of small shrimp uncooked (Deveined and tails removed)
- 4 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp. of parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl add shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley and parmesan cheese. Mix gently.
- Add olive oil mix to sausage and shrimp and stir to coat
- Rip four pieces of aluminum foil and add equal parts shrimp and sausage to the foil.
- Place 2-3 slices of lemon on top and fold foil to seal
- Grill on medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until shrimp and sausage is cooked through
- Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese and enjoy
If you make this recipe, take me on Instagram at @anewdawnn or use the hashtag #anewdawnncooks and tell me what you think!