This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveLifeMoreFlavor #CollectiveBias
During the summer months, we spend just about all of our free time outdoors. Summer brings late nights playing in the yard catching fireflies, swimming all afternoon and plenty of dinners cooked on the grill. I love to get creative on the grill and take things beyond the typical burger and hot dogs. Finding ways to cook some of our favorite dishes on the grill is always a win in my book. For years, I’d make foil pack dinners and bake them in the oven but during the summer months, those same dishes are the ones we cook on the grill for a delicious twist on our regular favorites. This time I added plenty of fresh garlic from the garden and parmesan cheese to these Grilled Shrimp & Smoked Sausage Foil Packs for a yummy twist my whole family loved.
The foil packs are easy to assemble and all I have to do is throw them on the grill while I join the kids for a quick dip in the pool. I incorporated fresh corn and baby potatoes from the local farm stand that we love to visit during the summer with some delicious smoked sausage and shrimp topped with some olive oil, fresh garlic, and shredded parmesan cheese.
Whipping everything up only took minutes which was important. I don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen cooking when I can be outside creating memories with my family.
Once everything was combined, I scooped a serving onto the foil, wrapped them up and then it was off to the grill.
Cook these on the medium – high heat for about 15 minutes and that’s it. A simple dinner that is full of flavor.
Ready to make these delicious Grilled Shrimp & Smoked Sausage foil packs for yourself? For this recipe, I used Eckrich Original Skinless Rope Smoked Sausage that I picked up in the refrigerated section of my local Wal-Mart.
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is full of natural hardwood smoked flavor giving this dish a rich, savory taste. One bite and you’ll be making these at all your cookouts.
CLICK HERE to print a coupon to save $0.75 off on a package of Eckrich Smoked Sausage (while supplies last). This coupon is only available in select areas, so be sure to check the link to see if the offer is available near you.
- 4 ears of corn cut into quarters
- 1 package of Eckrich Smoked Sausage cut into chunks
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¼ chopped fresh parsley
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bag of baby red potatoes (about 12-15) washed and quartered
- 1 lb of small shrimp uncooked, deveined and tails removed
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, corn, potatoes, and smoked sausage.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, parsley, parmesan cheese and garlic
- Pour olive oil mixture over the shrimp and smoked sausage
- Stir to combine
- Divide into 4 portions and place each in the center of a piece of aluminum foil
- place 2-3 lemon slices on top and bottom and wrap up completely
- Grill on medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until shrimp and smoked sausage is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese.
Do you like to grill during the summer months?