Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
We been saved those little coffee pods all winter long and are were finally ready to start our seedlings in them. Once the plants get bigger, we’ll transplant them into our garden to enjoy all summer long. We made sure to rinse out all the coffee and removed the filter from each pod after we used it. This was actually a fun weekend project for him. He saved them from the week in a bucket and then spent a few minutes each weekend to clean them up.
Simply fill each cup with dirt and moisten with water. Using a pencil, poke a hole into the center of each and add a few seeds. Fill in the hole and that’s eat. Simple, easy and best of all we’re keeping those cups out of a landfill.
Fresh off our little planting weekend, we were inspired to find other ways we can live a little greener. We had to pick up some new batteries for the baby’s toys in Walmart over the weekend and that’s when I first saw the new Energize Eco Advanced Batteries.
EcoAdvanced Batteries are the first battery on the market to use recycled batteries/materials while at the same time being Energizer’s longest lasting alkaline ever. I need AA batteries for her toys but they are available in AAA too.
Looking for ways to help your kids be a little greener? Try some of these ideas:
- Plant a garden – Using coffee pods, egg shells or up cycle other containers that would otherwise be trash to start seedlings in.
- Use Reusable Containers – In stead of plastic bags for snacks and school lunches use reusable containers instead.
- Upcycle Old Toys or Containers – Take a look at items that would normally be “trash” and up cycle them into fun projects – the possibilities are endless with this one.
- Let Kids Help Sort Recycling – Have them take the plastic containers to the plastic bin or pile newspapers to save for recycling.
- Teach Them to Conserve Water – Turn off the water when they brush their teeth, don’t fill the bathtub so high for the next bath or take a shorter shower.