Enjoy the tastes of summer anytime of year with this easy to make Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe
When I plan out my garden each year I always make sure to plant plenty of tomato and cucumber plants. Not only for canning and recipes like that but for fresh recipes all summer long. This Tomato Cucumber Salad recipe is one of those recipes.
Delicious, full of flavor and one I can whip up in literal minutes.
My favorite part of gardening is that I don’t need to run to the grocery store, I can just head out to the backyard garden to grab some fresh tomatoes and a cucumber to whip this fresh salad up.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a backyard garden, you can pick up all the ingredients at your local farm stand or even the grocery store.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE A TOMATO AND CUCUMBER SALAD?
The joy of this recipe is that it’s so simple to make. You’re only going to need a few ingredients. I used tai-color tomatoes but don’t fret if you can’t find all three varieties. Just regular cherry tomatoes will do.
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- feta cheese
- plenty of cilantro
- a good extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
and that’s pretty much it. Simple as can be.
CAN I ADD ANYTHING ELSE TO THIS SALAD?
You absolutely can! This salad is easy to c customize and you can remove and add whatever you like.
Not a fan of onions, leave ’em out. Don’t love cilantro? Try parsley.
Love basil? Add some in.
HOW LONG WILL THIS TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD LAST?
Whenever I make this for picnics or parties, there are usually never any leftovers. If I was making it for the week, I wouldn’t keep it past 2-3 days. Mid-week, I’d just make a new, fresh batch.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Grilled Peach Burrata Salad
- Patriotic Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Taco Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Caprese Salad
HOW TO MAKE A CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD
Ok, let’s get cooking and whip up this delicious salad that’s sure to impress your family and friends.
A delicious summer salad perfect on its's own or as a compliment to burgers, grilled chicken or any summer meal.
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced cherry tomatoes (I used yellow, purple and red from my garden but feel free to use all red)
- 1/4 cupred onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumble feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a mason jar or small bowl combine all olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey and salt & pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, parsley and feta cheese
- Pour dressing on top and gently combine together.
- Serve immediately
Serve as is or with grilled chicken.
RECIPES THAT PAIR PERFECTLY WITH THIS TOMATO AND CUCUMBER SALAD
- Grilled Peach Burrata Burger
- Pesto Mozzarella Burger
- Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs
Happy Eating! If you make this recipe, share it on social media and use the hashtag #anewdawnncooks so I can see it!