Not only is it already September but the month is almost half over. That means in just a few short weeks we’ll be celebrating all things spooky with Halloween right around the corner. Halloween is my favorite time of year. I have a tendency to go overboard decorating the house and really getting into the Halloween spirit. I look forward to dressing up just as much as the kids and I can’t wait to start thinking about what I’ll be this year. Two years ago, I went as one of my favorite Disney Villains – Maleficent. Evie was a baby and I found her the cutest Princess Aurora dress so it was a perfect match. That’s why I’m so excited to share this Disney inspired recipe with you. This Maleficent Donut recipe is pretty easy to make would be a great addition to your Halloween party, Disney movie night or Sleeping Beauty themed party.
I mean, what Disney fan wouldn’t love these Maleficent treats? I can’t get enough! I love baking any kind of Disney recipes and this is definitely one of my favorites.
Scare up a little Disney fun this Halloween with this Maleficent Donut Recipe.
They’re almost too cute to eat. Almost.
Scare Up Some Spooky Disney Halloween Fun with These Maleficent Donuts
- 1 C flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 C + 1 1/2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- FOR MALEFICENT TOPPER
- 1 box of black fondant
- purple & green sprinkles
- FOR ICING
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp clear corn syrup
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- Leaf Green and Purple gel food coloring
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Directions :
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree's and spray a donut baking pan with pam baking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract
- Combine the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Spoon batter into donut pan and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 6 minutes before removing and placing the donut's onto a wire rack
- Repeat steps until all batter is used
- Maleficent Fondant ingredients:
- box of Black fondant. This can be bought from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Walmart in the cake decorating section.
- Google image cut out of Maleficent's horns
- C powder sugar
- exacto knife or pairing knife
- Rolling pin
- Cutting board
- Decorating directions:
- Lightly sprinkle powder sugar onto a cutting board, the rolling pin and onto the black fondant
- Place the black fondant onto the middle of the cutting board and roll out the fondant to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness
- Cut out your Maleficent horns and place the cut out onto the fondant
- Use the Exacto knife or pairing knife and carefully run the blade along the edge of the cut out
- Repeat steps and cut out 14 more Maleficent horns out of space that you have left of the rolled out fondant.
- Lay out your 15 fondant pieces to dry for an hour
- Icing Directions:
- Using a standing mixer, combine the powdered sugar, corn syrup, milk and vanilla extract and mix on medium to high speed until smooth and thick
- Scoop about 1/4 C of the icing into 1 bowl for the green icing
- Add a few drops of Purple to the remaining white icing
- Add a few drops of Green to the small bowl with the 1/4 C icing and mix until combined
- Scoop the green icing's into the piping bag and set aside
- Decorating Directions:
- Place your donuts onto a wire rack with a cookie sheet under it
- Using the purple icing, pour the icing onto the donuts so that the icing completely coats the doughnuts
- Allow the purple icing to dry for 10 minutes
- Place the fondant horns in the center of the donut
- Using the green piping bag, cut the tip of the piping bag and fill in the bottom part of Maleficent's horns for her face.
- Allow icing to dry for an hour before enjoying!